Regional Development Australia Eyre Peninsula (RDAEP) is currently managing two training programs which have been identified as industries with a critical need for skilled workers.
First of these is in the agriculture sector where Certificate III in Rural Operations – Course Code AHC 32816 or Certificate III in Agriculture – Course Code AHC30116 are being offered.
Secondly is Certificate III in Retail – Course Code SIR30216.
These courses are being delivered by TAFE SA and they are heavily subsidising the training costs.
To further assist employers and trainees, RDAEP is able to provide training support with subsidies and other assistance to employers who commit to employing an eligible trainee(s) via a contract of employment. The contract of employment is facilitated by a provider who is part of the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN).
An eligible trainee is a person who:
- resides or works in Australia: and
- is a permanent Australian resident, or a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or a visa holder with full work rights and no conditions/restrictions: and
- is aged 16 years or over: and
- is not enrolled in school at the time of committing to the program
There are limited positions remaining for the agriculture courses, where on top of a number of State and Commonwealth incentives,* RDAEP is able to provide further assistance of $500 each for personnel protective equipment (PPE) and up to $2,000 each to help cover the gap of the already heavily subsidised training cost.
There are ten positions open to the Retail course which may also attract State and Commonwealth incentives,* and RDAEP is able to provide training gap assistance up to $1,247 each.
The RDAEP subsidies are only payable for eligible Training Contract Commencements and only after the trainee has passed the probationary period of ninety (90) days.
* Where Commonwealth and State subsidies are available, they will be assessed on a case by case basis by your Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) provider.
For further information contact Peter at RDAEP – email firstname.lastname@example.org