The History Festival is one of South Australia’s largest community events. The festival promotes the State’s wonderful collections, places and stories through an amazing range of history-related activities. The History Festival began in 2004 as SA History Week and has grown each year, becoming a month-long festival in 2011.
The 2019 History Festival opened on 27 April and runs to 31 May 2019.
History Festival events on Eyre Peninsula include:
- Steelworks Whyalla Bus Tour and Steelworks Twilight Tours
- Whyalla Maritime Museum Exhibitions and HMAS Whyalla Ship Tours
- Reflections: Lincoln through the Looking Glass
- A Pictorial History of Bramfield Township
- Pop-Up Exhibition of Vintage Magnetic Recording Equipment – Whyalla
- Unearthing Whyalla’s History and Whyalla: The Aboriginal Story
- Eyre Peninsula Railway Preservation Society self-guided tours – Port Lincoln
- Port Lincoln RSL : Built to Serve
- Mill Cottage Open Doors Tour – Port Lincoln
For more information and event schedules visit www.historyfestival.sa.gov.au
If you’d like to be involved in the History Festival next year, get in touch with History Trust of South Australia on 08 8203 9888 or email email@example.com.