Space Apps is back at the Innovation & Collaboration Centre. Use NASA’s data to solve Earth’s problems and win some great prizes!
Over 18,000 people from 75 countries and 200 cities around the world participate in this global competition celebrating collaboration across borders. Space Apps inspires creativity and critical thinking, fosters interest in Earth and space science and exploration and encourages the growth and diversity of the next generation of scientists, technologists, designers and engineers.
A brief overview of Space Apps is:
- Largest global hackathon in the world
- Held over one weekend October 19-20th
- All around the world people create teams and use NASA’s data to come up with solutions to problems on Earth and/or in space
- Expert mentors assist you along the way
- A fun way to spend a weekend and make friends
- Prizes from sponsors up for grabs
- The chance for winning teams to go on and compete in global finals overseas
- Everyone and anyone will be welcome to take part, but under 18s will need to be accompanied by an adult (minimum age 13)
- No coding experience necessary
- Free to attend.
For more information and to register : https://2019.spaceappschallenge.org/locations/whyalla-south-australia/