The Eyre Peninsula is well positioned to facilitate and support a diverse range of significant developments. The region’s economy is diverse with world-leading companies in manufacturing, mining, aquaculture, commercial wild catch fishing, agriculture, industry research, food and tourism.
Into the future the economy will continue to flourish with the mining developments in the region’s Eucla Basin and Gawler Craton. The demand for coastal property investment is escalating with property developers looking to capitalize on the continuing strong demand for coastal land across Eyre Peninsula.
Renewable energy initiatives including energy generation, energy storage systems and water desalination will further enhance the region’s competitiveness, which is due to our natural key advantages of a pristine environment, large geographic area and high energy coastline.
Communities on Eyre Peninsula are committed to strong and sustainable economic growth to ensure that future opportunities are fully realised and that the region is enhanced as an attractive destination for productive long term investment.
Offering a supportive business community and a can-do approach to development the Eyre Peninsula offers:
- Key regional business and industry centres in the City of Whyalla, Port Lincoln and Ceduna and regional service centres throughout the area
- Substantial expertise in seafood research, management and production
- A recognised centre for excellence in dry land farming research
- Key service supply centres for major projects and development in the region
- Two large retail hubs on Eyre Peninsula in the City of Port Lincoln and the City of Whyalla
- Infrastructure that is designed to handle a much larger population
- Quality transport infrastructure including four deep sea ports, three large regional airports, a regional rail network and an extensive network of highways
- Modern electricity and water utilities and telecommunication services
- A strong commitment to broadening its commercial and industrial base
- Availability of commercial and industrial land for development throughout the region
- A highly skilled and productive workforce
- A comprehensive range of professional services
- A clean, pristine environment
- Excellent health and education facilities
- Quality recreational and sporting facilities
- Mediterranean climate and quality lifestyle