The economic crisis caused by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has inflicted enormous damage on Australia’s economy. Agriculture and regional Australia have a critical role to play in restoring Australia’s prosperity, and the National Farmers Federation (NFF)is recommending simple steps that government can take to get Australia growing.
Get Australia Growing was created by the NFF in consultation with its members and industry. The document makes 35 recommendations to fuel growth including calls to:
- fast-track 20 new Regional Deals;
- reinvigorate regional manufacturing;
- create a $1 billion Biodiversity Stewardship Fund;
- slash red and green tape;
- fix the Murray Darling Basin Plan;
- get our regions digitally connected; and
- help us get more people into jobs in agriculture.
To read the document click here: Get Australia Growing