The sign-up date for this course has been extended until 14 August 2020, due to the implications of COVID-19.
Certificate III in Rural Operations – Course Code AHC 32816 – Delivered by TAFE SA – 36 months (can be Part Time and can be signed off early).
RDAEP is able to provide training support with subsidies and other assistance to employers who commit to employing an eligible trainee(s) via a contract of employment. An eligible trainee is a person who:
- resides or works in Australia: and
- is a permanent Australian resident, or a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or a visa holder with full work rights and no conditions/restrictions: and
- is aged 16 years or over: and
- is not enrolled in school at the time of committing to the program.
The total value of the employer/trainee subsidy is up to $2,500 and is only payable for eligible Training Contract Commencements and only after the trainee has passed the probationary period of ninety (90) days. Training costs are already heavily subsidised, however part of this additional subsidy is to be used to contribute toward the gap. The value of this gap may vary dependent on the training units selected. Part of the subsidy must also be used to equip the trainee for work – PPE-work safety wear, equipment or tools etc.
RDAEP also offer assistance by way of a coordinator who is available to assist the employer or trainee navigate through the first few months of the traineeship. Other Commonwealth and State subsidies may also be available and will be assessed on a case by case basis. There are twenty positions available and preference will be given to those eligible candidates who have a committed employer.
Some Frequently Asked Questions:
I’m an employer – what’s in it for me?
- You will have a highly skilled workforce on the farm
- Your industry will be better future proofed
- Your trainee will be able contribute to process improvements on the farm
- If you are already employing a farm hand, training will be of benefit at little additional cost
- Units that relate to Work Health and Safety are positive evidence when reporting to Farm Safe
- There will be a contribution to purchase (reimburse) the cost of Work Health and Safety relevant equipment (at end of 3 month Probation)
- Existing workers are eligible
- Your farm can enrol multiple workers providing support for each other during the training
- The TAFE SA fees are covered
- Face to Face Learning will be conducted as near to your farm as practicable in Regional Hubs
- Learning will reflect seasonal aspects of work on your farm
- The coordinator can assist with navigating the registration process – this is most helpful
- The registration will last for 5 years
- If you don’t already have a trainee “lined up” then some assistance may help with finding a suitable trainee.
I want to be a farm trainee- what’s in it for me?
- You will have a commitment from your employer to support you to develop industry relevant skills
- The program will support you to stay in the region for work while increasing your knowledge and skills
- The knowledge and skills learned are transferable to other farms or employment opportunities
- If you already have skills required in the qualification, TAFE SA can provide recognition of prior training – that is, you will not have to repeat training for skills that you already have
- There are no Fees for enrolling in TAFE SA units or competence, saving thousands of dollars
- You will be in a small group with others doing the same or similar work
- This is possibly your first step towards future learning opportunities and a career
- If you don’t already have an employer “lined up” then some assistance may help with finding a suitable employer
For employers – please indicate that you have the capacity and willingness to take on a trainee by emailing (Subject – ag employer) or posting your business/company details to Peter Mitchell.
For aspiring trainees – please email (Subject – ag trainee) or post your CV to Peter Mitchell.
Mail: 89 Liverpool Street, Port Lincoln, SA 5606
Phone: Peter Mitchell 8682 6588
Expressions of interest close on 14 August 2020 and contracts of training must be in place by 18 September 2020.