RDAWEP is committed to connecting industry with a suitably skilled workforce to grow our regional economy.
The EP Workforce Builder Program:
- Improves the efficiency and professionalism of the workforce in the region
- Enables unemployed or under-employed people in the region gain additional hours of employment, and
- Grows the size of the Eyre Peninsula workforce
In partnership with the Department of Industry and Skills, RDAWEP facilitates areas of the WorkReady Program.
The WorkReady Program brings together government subsidised training, employment and skills initiatives and investment. It has been designed to improve training completion rates and employment by supporting a skilled and capable workforce to fill current and emerging jobs in priority areas. WorkReady supports direct connections between training and jobs at the local level and connects people to the training and employment activity best suited to them over a working lifetime. Building a skilled and capable workforce, able to fill current and emerging job opportunities is the hallmark of WorkReady’s success.
RDAWEP brokers this through bringing together organisations, building partnerships and initiating projects that:
- Bring together our stakeholders such as local employers, industry, providers and service organisations to facilitate the development of partnership projects
- Assist project proponents to design skills and employment projects that meet the needs of employers and job seekers
- Work with project proponents to include Aboriginal people, mature aged people, people with a disability and young Eyre Peninsula people
RDAWEP engages dedicated resources in Whyalla and throughout the region to deliver this important service.
For further enquiries related to the Eyre Peninsula Workforce Builder:
T: Whyalla office – (08) 8645 7811 | Port Lincoln office – (08) 8682 6588