The Eyre Peninsula region abounds with opportunity and is extremely well positioned to contribute to the growth of regional, State and national prosperity. The economy is diverse with key industries in agriculture, manufacturing, fishing, aquaculture and tourism. The region also has a fast-growing mining industry and an emerging renewable sector.
Diversity is one of the region’s greatest strengths and underpins its comparative advantage and business competitiveness. In order to maximise these strengths RDAWEP has developed target priority programs in:
- Delivering opportunities for investment, lifestyle and education
- Building strength, skills and resilience in business
- Delivering employment, skills and training
- Growing the benefits of tourism
- Promoting a world-class food industry
- Building vibrant and dynamic communities which value culture and diversity