Offshore oil and gas drop-in session: Port Lincoln
August 20 @ 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Community members are invited to attend a free drop-in session in Port Lincoln to learn about governments’ roles in regulating offshore oil and gas activities off the SA coast, including in the Great Australian Bight.
Participating SA and Australian government agencies will be available to provide information and answer questions about:
- how oil and gas activities are approved
- offshore areas available for petroleum exploration and production
- environmental regulation
- the National Offshore Petroleum Safety and Environmental Management Authority’s (NOPSEMA’s) role as an independent safety and environmental regulator
- oil pollution emergency planning and government response capability
- the Australian Marine Park Network
- resource development in SA
The session is free, no need to RSVP or book. Attendees are welcome to drop by at any time during the session.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This session is part of a number of sessions occurring across South Australia by the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.